Re: kaslr: better rng

Le 08/11/2017 à 18:17, Maxime Villard a écrit :
Le 08/11/2017 à 17:37, Taylor R Campbell a écrit :
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 17:08:42 +0100
From: Maxime Villard <max%m00nbsd.net@localhost>

Ah alright. But in my mail (that you were answering to) I did understand that
the entropy file comes from the previous run; what I was saying was, I would
prefer the file in question to contain random data right away and not just a
seed. In such a way that whoever wants to get random uints at boot time can
read the file and obtain some, with no generation algorithm whatsoever.

What's the advantage of (a) changing the on-disk file hierarchy and
generating the data on shutdown, versus (b) leaving the on-disk file
hierarchy unchanged and generating the data on boot?

The randomness of (b) is stronger than that of (a). But perhaps in a scale
that is so insignificant that we actually don't care (?).

obviously I meant the contrary: the randmoness of (a) is stronger than that
of (b), sorry about that