Re: kaslr: better rng

Le 07/11/2017 à 17:21, Taylor R Campbell a écrit :
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:16:25 +0100
From: Maxime Villard <max%m00nbsd.net@localhost>

Le 06/11/2017 à 19:47, Taylor R Campbell a écrit :
The entropy file is supposed to be rewritten each time it's read, and
on shutdown, or something like that.

Yes, I know that. But what is the point you're trying to make?

The original quotation I was replying to was this:

Well, we could indeed extend /var/db/entropy-file. However, I would really
prefer the random area to be generated from a previous run of the system, and
not from the bootloader taking a seed in the file. Unless there is a
combination of both?

I was trying to point out that the entropy file _does_ come from a
previous run of the system.

Ah alright. But in my mail (that you were answering to) I did understand that
the entropy file comes from the previous run; what I was saying was, I would
prefer the file in question to contain random data right away and not just a
seed. In such a way that whoever wants to get random uints at boot time can
read the file and obtain some, with no generation algorithm whatsoever.