Re: namei and path canonicalization

On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 07:23:48AM +0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
 > <snip>
 > > We provide the full path currently via AT_SUN_EXECNAME, sysctl, and
 > > procfs.
 >
 > I think this is currently broken, at least when the path is "below" a
 > null-mount, such as when running inside a chroot sandbox?

After today's commits it can't be, as it's now just the path passed to
exec.

I have some doubts as to whether storing the path passed to exec
(which can become obsolete) is more useful for humans than holding the
vnode, but I think it's fairly clear that software shouldn't be using
any of these methods and should be given some other interface to open
the executable or the executable's containing directory directly.

Unfortunately we first need to invent that interface...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost