ext3 support

Hi,

I just came across the ext3 implementation project listed on the netbsd website, https://wiki.netbsd.org/projects/project/ext3fs/
and I would like to take the time to implement this. But I am not too sure on how to start this project, I have read up on journaling and I understand the added work that journaling needs to perform.
However I am sure ext3 needs more than just journaling, but I havent come across a specifications list for ext3 yet. Any advice on how to start this project would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!