Re: dtrace and ZFS update

On Oct 14, 2017 07:21, "Chuck Silvers" <chuq%chuq.com@localhost> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 11:49:02AM -0700, bch wrote:
> On 10/13/17, Chuck Silvers <chuq%chuq.com@localhost> wrote:
> > hi folks,
> >
> > I've been working on updating netbsd's copy of the dtrace and zfs code to
> > rebase
> > from the existing ancient opensolaris version to a recent freebsd version.
> > most of the freebsd changes are pretty close to what netbsd needs,
> > so that seems like a more useful upstream for us.  I have things working
> > well enough now that I want to share the code in preparation for
> > committing.
> >

> Anybody else having userland build failures ?
>
> # ./build.sh -x distribution)

> cleandir ===> lib/../external/cddl/osnet/lib/libzfs_core
> cd: can't cd to /usr/src/lib/../external/cddl/osnet/lib/libzfs_core
>
> *** Failed target:  cleandir-../external/cddl/osnet/lib/libzfs_core

the "libzfs_core" directory is one of the new ones that the patch creates.
it doesn't look like you're using separate obj dirs, so that directory
should definitely exist.

My in-tree obj (/use/src/obj) is a symlink to /use/obj. I took a fresh co of the src and applied (patch -E < chuck.patch) which seemed to go well, and cleaned out /usr/obj (except for tooldir). Something is going wrong, but clearly it seems to be my env/method more than your patch...

  if it doesn't exist then I guess the patch is
being applied incorrectly?  not sure what's going on here.

-Chuck