Re: Removal of 'wd* at umass?' driver?

On Sun, 8 Oct 2017, Jaromír DoleÄ~Mek wrote:

Hello,

The code for this umass attachment (dev/usb/umass_isdata.c) doesn't use the
atabus, and sidesteps the normal atabus processing. Today I discovered that
after the NCQ branch was merged, some kernels which included
dev/usb/usbdevices.config but no atabus failed to compile due to missing
symbols, and added some bandaid for that.

As part of NCQ branch, I made efford for the umass_isdata.c code to
continue compile, but had no way to test if it actually still works. In
fact, I have no idea if the code worked before I started on NCQ. Nobody
responsed also when I asked for testers for this particular device in half
a year.

As the hardware is relatively rare, it's actually quite difficult to keep
maintaining this while working on more advanced ATA features. I think it
would be fair to simply drop it from tree. If some brave soul wants to
revive it, it would be available in the history.

No concern from me.  All of my USB-attached storage is scsibus@umass

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |