Re: amd64: kernel aslr support

Le 05/10/2017 à 14:59, Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
On 05.10.2017 12:56, Maxime Villard wrote:

The advantage of having a separate prekern is that you can update the
kernel
without touching the prekern, or the other way around.

Is live-kernel update more viable with this approach?

It's not what I had in mind when saying "update"; I just meant that since
the components are in different files, you can change one without changing
the other.

Live kernel update is a much more complicated business, but as far as I can
tell, whether the prekern is separate from the kernel or not does not
essentially change anything.

Maxime