Re: amd64: kernel aslr support

On 04.10.2017 21:00, Maxime Villard wrote:
> Here is a Kernel ASLR implementation for NetBSD-amd64. It is light,
> functional,
> user-friendly, and does not break any feature of the system.
> Instructions on
> how to install and use it can be found here [1].

I'm looking forward to see it aboard in mainline.

I'm also asking why it needs a separate prekern, and not being
integrated in the kernel?

How much is it MI-friendly?

This is an enterprise standard feature today. I noted that Fuchsia
developers enabled kaslr even before finishing their scheduler.

In terms of kasan (and certainly ktsan) + kaslr coexistence, we need to
reserve a shadow buffer that is 1/8 of the allocated kernel memory. So
something like 1/7 of potential memory that is contiguous should be
untouched to make kasan easier.