Re: ndis [was Re: Proposal: Disable autoload of compat_xyz modules]

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 06:00:18PM -0500, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> I might care about it if it worked.  I couldn't even make it work for
> wired NICs some years ago.  I have a feeling it's incomplete and/or
> broken.  I don't think it does any syscall compat stuff though.

The code and some other things claim it is compatible with NDIS 5.1, I
am under the impression that means only Windows XP or older drivers will
work.

I think manufacturers have stopped making such drivers, but they can
still be found for hardware.