Re: Proposal: Disable autoload of compat_xyz modules

> Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 00:45:24 +0200
> From: Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost>
>
> I use both linux and linux32 ones.

Can you argue that these and the others you listed should be
automatically enabled by default, and that having to modload them
would be too much of a burden?

Can you say who maintains them, or volunteer to maintain them,
including writing automatic tests with sample binaries that others can
use to test security fixes?

I want to learn more than just who uses these -- I want to estimate
the negative impact of disabling them by default, and what effort we
have available to make sure they continue to work reliably.

> > P.S.  The old-NetBSD, a.out, and 32-bit compat modules may be broken
> > too, and are probably not automatically tested either, but are more
> > likely to be manually tested and I'm not addressing them right now.
> > These are:
> >
> > compat (i.e., old-NetBSD binary compat)
>
> I use NetBSD-0.9 executables and they work for me.

Just to be clear: I'm not proposing to change anything about these.