Re: Understanding PR kern/43997 (kernel timing problems / qemu)

>> # time sleep 10
>>        10.02 real         0.00 user         0.00 sys

>> This actually took 20 seconds of real time (manually timed with a
>> stopwatch).

> [...], but an error of a factor 2 looks suspicious.

This is tickling old memories.  I think I ran into a case where
requesting timer ticks at 100Hz actually got them at 50Hz instead, even
though the kernel was running with 100Hz ticks.  I've done some
searching and completely failed to find either the program exhibiting
the symptom (I _think_ it was userland) or the fix, but it might be
worth looking into the possibility that this is another manifestation
of the same underlying problem, whatever it was.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign