Re: exact semantics of union mounts (and TRYEMULROOT)

>> I don't think so, directory ops all happen at the upper level (or
>> nowhere).
> (it is also not what we currently do, [...])

No, it's not.  But it's pretty close to, and I think that it actually
was intended to mean "_modifying_ directory ops", ie, those which show
EROFS when attempted on a read-only filesystem; in that case, I think
it's true.

Though, of course, if you don't care about the current semantics....

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign