kernel: scheduler issue

Hi,
I sent the following mail to yamt@ a week ago and he didn't answer (that's
fine, probably busy or something). But meanwhile I still believe there's an
issue in our 4BSD scheduler. I'm posting it here with the hope someone else
can review all of this.

In short, l_estcpu is increased by the cpu the lwp is running on. But then, it
is sometimes decreased with a loadfactor divided by ncpu, as if it had
previously been increased by all of the cpus. This results in a loadfactor
which is sometimes lower than expected, which in turn implies the lwp will
sometimes have a higher priority than normal. The loadfactor should *not* be
divided by ncpu.

The reason I'm saying 'sometimes' is because the loadfactor() macro is inlined
in sched_pstats_hook, and it (mistakenly too, I believe) didn't get updated by
yamt@.

This priority issue is only triggered where loadfactor() is used, mainly when
an lwp wakes up from a > 1s sleep.

I would like to revert r1.26. Then, sched_pstats_hook will have to be fixed to
use loadfactor().

Someone?