Re: nanosleep() for shorted than schedule slice

bqt%softjar.se@localhost (Johnny Billquist) writes:

>Having the normal wall clock driven by a tick interrupt has its points.

We usually avoid this and use what hardware timer the platform offers.

>It's just that for high resolution timers, ticks are not a good source.
>For anything else, they are just fine. So why conflate the two?

Because you don't need two clock interrupts. The regular interrupt is
just another event that happens to be scheduled in a regular interval.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost