Re: kernel aslr: someone interested?

Le 23/03/2017 à 18:30, Maxime Villard a écrit :
I have some plans to implement kernel aslr on amd64. Actually, a few months
ago I wrote set of patches for the bootloader and the kernel, and also a
complete kernel relocator. As far as I can test, everything works correctly
and reliably; the whole implementation can relocate and jump into a PIE binary
in kernel mode with a proper page tree.

But the thing is, I don't quite see how to have the kernel itself compiled as
PIE. My attempts so far have been unfruitful, so I thought I could ask here.
Ideally, we would have a kernel that has the same binary layout as our kernel
modules.

Is there someone interested in working on that? This is a toolchain work, but
I don't know that stuff.

This still stands; beyond aslr, there are several new features that we
could implement - such a live kernel patching -, and they imply being able
to build a PIE kernel in the first place.

Perhaps add the "Toolchain: Build kernel as PIE" idea in the projects list?