Re: Introducing localcount(9)

On Tue, 16 May 2017, Chuck Silvers wrote:

<snip>

For the same reason I was not able to embed the struct localcount directly
within the struct device.

but you did do that:

struct device {
       struct localcount dv_localcnt;  /* reference counter */
};

Sorry, typo. I should have said that the struct {b,c}devsw are const, so not able to embed the localcount directly, nor able to embed a pointer to the localcount. The struct device is not (generally) const, so it did not have the same constraints when embedding its localcount.

<snip>

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |