Re: _lwp_create change

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 06:15:38PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> (1) >> (2) >> (3)
>
> As I said, I consider (3) a functional regression. I don't like the
> semantic overload of (2), especially since it makes the interface even
> less orthogonal.

The current state is clearly broken and makes use of this interface
error prone (which is not a big issue, as it is clearly internal "^_").
Doing (1) + force SS_DISABLED for the new thread is the minimal change
to get a sane state.

>  All ucontext using interface must die and be replaced
> with something sane, so making them more complicated doesn't help.

Maybe, but this does not help the issue at hand, unless you have a
proposal for a non-ucontext based interface to create a new thread and
want to go there right now.

Martin