Re: Keep local symbols of rump libraries

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017, Ryota Ozaki wrote:

If it's useful for other than rump libraries, having a new global
option would be adequate. I don't have an idea of the name though.

http://www.netbsd.org/~ozaki-r/libs-keep-symbols.diff

So this is a new patch that provides a global option named MKSTRIPSYM.
(the name is suggested by paulg, thanks!)

The patch is updated; bsd.lua.mk also applies MKSTRIPSYM. Let me know
if the change is wrong.

The README still refers to RUMP_KEEPSYMBOLS

:)

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |