Workqueues on filesystems

Hi,

I'd like to tackle LFS issues. I've been running it as my root
filesystem to get some real world testing, and it often wedges, and this
with heavy use of KERNEL_LOCK (it's not marked MPSAFE).
I'm still getting to know it, and not there yet.

I don't feel comfortable with how it has its own implementation of
serialization etc, and would like to change it to use existing APIs
where they fit.

Playing with networking I used workqueue(9) which I think is perfect
for e.g. LFS writer daemon, but its use is currently limited to
networking code deferring work from interrupt handlers, that was the
original intention of it.

Is there a reason I shouldn't use it for LFS?

Thanks.