Re: USB slave

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 04:26:48PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to use a USB port as a USB slave? I would like to
> make it act as a keyboard to output some data to another machine.
>
> The usb(4) man page suggests the NetBSD kernel can only act as a
> USB master. But perhaps there is a hardware limitation there?

Yes, the hardware for USB master or slave are differents.
To allow a device to act either as master of slave USB OTG has been specified.
Some SoC platforms have such controllers.
But at this time NetBSD supports OTG only in master mode.
Supporting slave mode would require a non-trivial amount of work on the USB
stack.