Re: i386: kernel overflow in syscall

Le 29/12/2016 à 09:47, Maxime Villard a écrit :
Patch [4] was completely wrong - it increased the size of the copy.
Checking the max size (as commited) is ok though.

Yes, I later figured out it was wrong, and that's precisely why I ended up
committing a different patch - without sending an update on tech-kern, since
no one had answered, so not sure it was worth it.

I guess I'll have to remove all my misleading garbage stuff.

Just a clarification on this last sentence, since apparently it has been
misinterpreted.

By saying "garbage" I was actually referring to my garbage/ directory on my
website, which contains several patches. And "misleading" was because this time
I had not updated the patch accordingly to the changes I had made. Hence the
sentence that was not directed towards you (David) but rather towards me - I'll
have to keep my patches up-to-date for them not to mislead interested readers.

I obviously appreciate reviews, and I just wanted to make sure I didn't sound
disrespectful in any way.