Re: CPUs and processes not evenly assigned?!

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 08:14:42PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> > Am 22.12.2016 um 11:09 schrieb Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost>:
> >> What are we waiting for here, how should we go on?
> >> Would you want to commit the latest patch and allow it get more wide-spread testing in -current?
> >
> > anyone who has time to _test_ it?
> >
> > Would be nice if someone looks at performance for different use cases
> > and possibly different settings of the knobs :)
>
> What use cases exactly do you have in mind?
> I guess we can spec out things and then see if we can find someone to help with the tests.
>
> It would be a pity to have a solution sitting around and still having our operating system not have it because we can?t move things forward. :)

I have just committed the code, so everyone can test now.

Usecases should be compute-intensive tasks like yours, but also I/O
tasks like unpacking tarballs, possibly on RAM-Disk. And of course
our standard test, a release build :)

N.B. kern.sched is undocumented to the point that it is commented
out in sysctl(7) :)

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst