Re: x86: move the LAPIC va

Le 09/12/2016 à 22:12, matthew green a écrit :
these CPUs clearly aren't rare and the assertion that it's
only old CPUs and ones without lapic is questionable.

Well, the fact that they are rare is the conclusion I came to after spending
an hour or two on google. As I said I don't have one of these cpus, so I
wouldn't know otherwise.

I don't see what you mean in the second half of your sentence; if a lapic is
present it is mapped, unless there is some bug in the detection (as I said
about 82489DX).

i see this problem on a pentium4-m system.  this change
needs to be fixed or reverted.

Yes, and I too said it needs to be fixed. My question was, how do we fix it.
But it was probably a stupid question, since the probability that someone here
knows exactly how 82489DXs are detected is almost zero.

I'll certainly commit my nolapic diff (and extend it to amd64) tomorrow,
unless someone has a better idea in the meantime.