spkr vs spkr_synth module

I'm not sure if it's really correct to have the modules/spkr_synth.kmod file contain a module named "spkr". It makes the modload/modunload asymmetrical (modload spkr_synth vs modunload spkr), and makes it hard to determine, from the output of modstat(8), which module is actually loaded.

I'm tempted to rearrange things, but I'm concerned about potential confusion.

1. Rename i386/amd64-only spkr module to spkr_pcppi and adjust the
   module name accordingly.
2. Rename spkr_synch module to spkr (leaving the module name alone).
3. Leave the device-autoload stuff alone, so the default will be to
   autoload the audio-based spkr module!
4. Add spkr, and mark spkr_synth obsolete in the modules/mi sets list;
   in the i384 and amd64 sets lists, rename spkr --> spkr_pcppi (do
   NOT mark the old spkr entry as "obsolete" since it will still exist
   based on the mi file).
5. If someone really wants to use the spkr_pcppi module, they will
   need to manually load, or include it in the kernel config (and
   remove spkr_synth).

Thoughts?

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |