re: "Wire" definitions and __packed

On Oct 6,  3:01pm, matthew green wrote:
}
} >      X86 doesn't have alignment restrictions.  The platform
} > practically lets you get away with murder, and thus is not useful
} > as a test platform.
}
} FWIW, this hasn't been true since at least 1999 (SSE.)  also,

     That only counts if somebody is using SSE, and I highly doubt
that dhcpcd does.

} while no one uses them, x86 has "alignment checking" options.

     I am aware of the flag, but as you noted nobody uses it, thus
it might as well not be there.

}-- End of excerpt from matthew green