Re: vioscsi cmd target id

On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 03:04:00PM -0700, Rohan Desai wrote:
> Do you mean target 0? Isn't that the virtual bus target? The probing code
> (see scsi_probe_bus in scsiconf.c) should skip this target since it matches
> the channel id set by vioscsi.

On physical scsi controllers the scsi id of the controller is usually 7
because the highest number on the narrow scsi bus wins arbitration (even
for a wide scsi bus this is still the case). Having the controller at 0
is unusual so it has caused some confusion.  I guess the smart thing to
do would be to determine the scsi bus controller id somehow and just
skip enumerating that.

--
Brett Lymn
This email has been sent on behalf of one of the following companies within the BAE Systems Australia group of companies:

    BAE Systems Australia Limited - Australian Company Number 008 423 005
    BAE Systems Australia Defence Pty Limited - Australian Company Number 006 870 846
    BAE Systems Australia Logistics Pty Limited - Australian Company Number 086 228 864

Our registered office is Evans Building, Taranaki Road, Edinburgh Parks,
Edinburgh, South Australia, 5111. If the identity of the sending company is
not clear from the content of this email please contact the sender.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy or
disclose its content, but please reply to this email immediately and highlight
the error to the sender and then immediately delete the message.