Re: -falign-functions=16 for i386/amd64

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 03:46:15PM +0900, Ryota Ozaki wrote:
> http://www.netbsd.org/~ozaki-r/align-functions-16.diff
>
> The patch adds the option to sys/arch/amd64/conf/Makefile.amd64.
> Is it a feasible place to add?

There are two small issues I have with this patch:
(1) I think it should be restricted to GCC with an appropiate comment of
what this is a workaround for. Clang seems to behave a lot more sensible
out of the box. If there are CPU models with a different base alignment
and the user asked for one of them as optimisation target, it should be
honored IMO.
(2) This should not touch CFLAGS, but COPTS.

Joerg