Re: Generic crc32c support in kernel?

I think we're talking at cross-purposes.

The zlib function calculates crc32 and was the cause of fun in the bootblocks; Jaromir was talking about adding the crc32c hashes, used in ext2fs, iscsi and sctp.

On 12 August 2016 at 23:38, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 11:30:15PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Can we please stop with that bogus myth? The crc32 was only a very small
> part of the issue and the real issue, the seeking in the kernel image,
> is still not resolved.

True, avoiding the seeking would cut down the number of crc32
calculations significantly - but still the time difference is remarkable.

Martin