Removing extra copy of rb_tree stuff

I'm looking at PR lib/44090, which requests that libprop be modified to use the "main" copy of rb_tree rather than its local copy, and then remove the local copy.

Well, part 1 is already done. The prop_rb_impl.h header already has a section that redefined the "local" function names to reference the "real" functions (conditionalized on defined(__NetBSD__)), and the Makefile.inc already includes the prop_rb.c file only if PROPLIB_WANT_RB is defined (which it never seems to be).

The question comes down to part 2 of the PR - removal of the extra copy.

The changes in the header file would imply that this code might be used in projects other than NetBSD. If this were the case, it might make sense to keep the extra code around; it's not really hurting anything. But because it's not being built, it might well suffer from future bit-rot.

So, would it be better to keep the extra code copy in the tree (just in case some other project uses it) and let it rot? Or should I delete the extra copy, and adjust the (relatively small number of) callers to use the "real" function names rather than the local names?

Recommendations requested!

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |