quota2 qv_grace

I'm confused how the file-system default grace period is supposed to get
copied to the per-user grace period quota2 supports. It appears that this
happens as soon as something gets allocated for the user (i.e., just by
system calls, not by any userland program like edquota). However, I find
nothing in sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_quota2.c that looks like it does that. What am
I overlooking?

I remember I wrote the patch that causes qv_timelimit to get set to
<current time> + qv_grace, but not how the latter gets set.