Re: Spinning down sata disk before poweroff

Thanks for the patch! The second patch looks great and seems to be a clean
fix. I am running a new kernel built from the patch and the drive is now
powering down properly.

I notice that wddatach() is called several times during shutdown, twice
during the shutdown of atabus0 and atabus1, once before shutting down wd0,
and a couple other times. I was wondering if there are any adverse effects
to calling wd_standby() on a bunch of devices which are not ata disks (if
that is actually happening). The routine itself seems to gracefully handle
any errors, so I think it might be okay.

Everything seems to work on my laptop so far.