Re: dump to cgdNb device

In article <20160615224955.GA2440@neva>,
Alexander Nasonov  <alnsn%yandex.ru@localhost> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I setup an encrypted disk cgd1 (aes-cbc 256 on top of wd0g, disklabel
>verification) with a dump device cgd1b but I can't dump to it (I enter
>ddb and type sync to dump). It prints "device bad".
>
>If I enable CGDDEBUG and set cgddebug to 1, it prints some additional
>information (typing from a photo):

That means that either cpu_dump or the next function returned ENXIO.
The code is very careful to dump only on partitions that are marked as
swap and on devices it knows about to avoid accidents. Dumping on
"software" devices is very dangerous since typically when you are dumping
you've probably corrupted memory already.

christos