Re: GSoC-2016

Hello sir,

I am working on Htree directory index  traversing in lookup() operation. I am facing difficulty in testing of  Htree index code. I see the control never goes to Htree index traversal code because the value (i_flag&EXT4_INDEX) is false in the Ext4 disk image created by Htree indexing for directory enabled Linux's Ext4fs driver.
Since index follows the link list indexing within a block I created 800 files to make sure that it gets overflow the 4 kb block and Htree gets created. I m not able to figure out why directory index is still link list type. Or if it is not then why (i_flag&EXT4_INDEX) value is false.
Regards
Hrishikesh

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 8:09 PM, Christos Zoulas <christos%zoulas.com@localhost> wrote:
On Jun 5,  7:44am, hrishi.goyal%gmail.com@localhost (HRISHIKESH GOYAL) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: GSoC-2016

| Hello sir,
| I started doing Htree directory index, albeit some improvements in
| 'extents' are yet to be done. But those can be handled afterwards as I have
| clear understanding of where and what is to be added/fixed. If you have
| some other plan for me then please let me know. I will do the job
| accordingly.
| Regards
| Hrishikesh

No, I don't have any other plan. As you've seen I've committed the extents
changes (please take a look on my minor changes). Also we already got one
happy user who said in the mailing lists he was happy you implemented them.
As always please let me know if you need anything.

Yes I have looked at the minor changes you made. I will follow NetBSD standard from now onwards.

Good luck,

christos