Re: /dev/sdN -> /dev/sdN[cd] (was: port-amd64/51216: Can't create wedges on a large (3TB) disk, gpt is ok but dkctl gives an error message)

    Date:        Tue, 7 Jun 2016 11:46:43 +0100
    From:        David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost>

  | We probably want to ensure these are added to install media as well

Agreed, but beyond my current level of competence - I couldn't even find
where all the variants of different install media (i386 has 4 doesn't it,
floopy, miniroot, usb, and raw cd ?) are built...   And certainly beyond
my ability to test.

In any case, it would probably be a good idea to run this in current a bit,
just in case of problems - if some utility fails in current because of an
unexpected device name upsetting its logic, removing the device and continuing
is not a huge burden (until the utility can get fixed, or whatever), but if the
install media fail (especially where they're effectively read only) it is
a bigger mess.

kre