Re: Unused functions in kernels

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 19:08:43 +0200 (CEST)
Krister Walfridsson <krister.walfridsson%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> are a number of larger pieces that probably should be removed (for
> example, all callers of ip6_forward.c are within #if 0 blocks, so
> ip6_forward.c could be removed from files.netinet6)

Or look at the logs to find out why they were commented out.  If they
really should be deleted then just wipe them out along with
ip6_forward.c.  If there is a possibility that they could be used again
then change them to "#ifdef WAITING_FOR_FOO" or whatever and wrap
ip6_forward.c in the same #ifdef.  It's not like the code is gone
forever.  That's why we have version control.

In fact, cleaning out the source seems like a more beneficial
improvement than reducing the binary.  Save human resources (viewing
source) over computer resources.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost