Re: GSoC-2016

Alright sir. I will send you queries on Email. :)
At present I am able to read  files having extents based files.
But I need to call bmap routine for extents based files explicitly. I want to invoke it automatically according the value of field  i_flags in inode. I see i_flag value should be different for files supporting extents from the files which dont support. but It is same in my case.

another generic problem that will help me considerably is I want to disable/clear cache memory. I want corresponding to each command in userland, there is  lower level disk read. Which will help me in tracing fs routines.

Thanks
Hrishikesh

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Phil Nelson <phil%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
On Wednesday 01 June 2016 22:56:09 you wrote:
> My sincere request to Phil Nelson sir,
> Please provide me your contact details of anyone of IRC server/channels  so
> that I could contact you when I need and Christos sir is unavailable.

Hi Hrishikesh,

   I don't hang out on IRC.   I often have e-mail open on a machine where
ever I am.   So this is the best way.    Do you have any questions for me?

  I am seeing that Christos is your primary mentor.

  I hope this works for you.

--Phil