Re: nick-nhusb merge coming soon

On 2016/04/13 16:56, Nick Hudson wrote:
On 04/13/16 08:15, Paul Goyette wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, Nick Hudson wrote:

Hi,

I think the first phase of nick-nhusb is in a state ready to be
merged. I'd like to merge it in the next few days, but in the meantime
I've put some kernels for testing here:

   http://www.netbsd.org/~skrll/nick-nhusb

Please test and report success or failure.

I can provide kernels to other platforms on request.

Kewl!

Does this include xhci support for USB3 (ie, removal of the "experimental" tag)?

There is some support for USB3 which has come with the patches from Takahiro HAYASHI.

xhci(4) still needs quite a bit of love to be fully ready.

xhci(4) is still imcomplete and experimental.
It needs more work.

I summarise known problems:

+ KASSERT(sc->sc_command_addr == 0) in xhci_do_command() may fail.
+ My ASM1042 card does not work at all.  No interrupts.
  It works on FreeBSD and OpenBSD.
+ Implementation of upm_abort is imcomplete.
+ Link Power management is not implemented.
+ Isochronous transfer is not implemented.
+ Stream protocol is not supported.
+ Address of root hub is 0 (but it works anyway).
+ On the xhci of Intel PCH:
  + The address assigned to device increases when reattaching device.
  + HS hub in 3.0 hub under 3.0 port is disconnected and reconnected every
    several minutes repeatedly.

regards,
--
t-hash