Re: nick-nhusb merge coming soon

On 04/13/16 11:58, Dave Tyson wrote:
On Wednesday 13 Apr 2016 07:59:20 Nick Hudson wrote:
Hi,

I think the first phase of nick-nhusb is in a state ready to be
merged. I'd like to merge it in the next few days, but in the meantime
I've put some kernels for testing here:

      http://www.netbsd.org/~skrll/nick-nhusb

Please test and report success or failure.

I can provide kernels to other platforms on request.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

I've done some testing with a couple of USB video cameras on amd64. I wanted
to see if PR 48308 could be closed.

The code is restructure to specifically avoid the type of problem described in PR/48308 and I
intend to close it once I've merged.

[snip]

Both cameras worked fine under nick-usb, but they also worked fine under
current 7.99.27 (GENERIC.201604110150Z) from a couple of days ago :-) so
something must have changed in current since PR 48308 was filed as I couldn't
reproduce it now.

The problem still exists in HEAD, but is hard to trigger.

I could trigger a panic if I unplugged a camera while mplayer was running:

video0: detached
uvideo0: detached
uvideo0: at uhub4 port 6 (addr 2) disconnected
audio1: detached
uaudio0: detached
uaudio0: at uhub4 port 6 (addr 2) disconnected
usb_disconnect_port: no device
panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "uvm_page_locked_p(pg)" failed: file
"/wrk/nhusb/src/sys/arch/x86/x86/pmap.c", line 3315
cpu1: Begin traceback...
vpanic() at netbsd:vpanic+0x13c
valid_user_selector() at netbsd:valid_user_selector
pmap_remove_pte() at netbsd:pmap_remove_pte+0x311
pmap_remove() at netbsd:pmap_remove+0x1ff
uvm_unmap_remove() at netbsd:uvm_unmap_remove+0x210
sys_munmap() at netbsd:sys_munmap+0x8a
syscall() at netbsd:syscall+0xbe
--- syscall (number 73) ---
7f7feb10d80a:
cpu1: End traceback...

I guess a panic in this situation is not unexpected. I have the core dump if
you want it.

sure, I'll take a look.

I'll try and get around to testing USB scanners and printers in a few days.

Great. Thanks.

Cheers,
Dave

Nick