Re: IFQ_ENQUEUE argument refactor (was Re: RFC: ALTQ caller refactor)

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 01:06:00PM +0900, Kengo NAKAHARA wrote:
> I implement moving struct altq_pktattr from m_tag to mbuf. Here is
> the patch.
>     http://www.netbsd.org/~knakahara/mbuf-altq-pktattr/mbuf-altq-pktattr.patch

The only issue here is that I would prefer to not add the ALTQ
include, but just move the definition into sys/mbuf.h. Out of curiosity,
is the new size the same if you add the fields individually and the int
first? I.e. does using the struct add initial padding? It might be
useful at some point later to drop altq_pktattr as separate type
altogether and just use individual fields. As soon as some data after
pattr has to be added, we get padding on LP64 otherwise.

Joerg