Re: asynchronous ugen(4) bulk transfers

On 04/04/16 05:25, Brian Buhrow wrote:
	hello.  I did a lot of work on this under NetBSD-5  to allow the
libimobiledevice tools to work with iOS based Apple devices.  I have some
simple patches for libusb1 and a re-working of the ugen(4) driver to
address the issues you note below.  My plan is to port these fixes to
-current, but I hadn't finished that process yet.  My changes make the
libimobiledevice tools work reliably with Apple products, modulo a bug in
the ehci(4) and ohci(4) drivers that preclude the USB stack from sending
zero-length packets.

Not that I think ehci(4) has a problem in HEAD, but I fixed ohci(4) on my branch.

	I discussed these fixes on tech-kern with the subject:

Potential problem with reading data from usb devices with ugen(4)

	The two major fixes I implemented were:

1.  Make poll(2) work with ugen(4) so  you know when data is ready to be
read from or written to a device asynchronously.

2.  Ensure that each read or write call to a ugen(4) device results in a
matching USB transaction to or from the device.

	If you'd like my patches to port to -current, let me know.

Please send your patches.

-thanks
-Brian

Thanks,