Re: passive references

   Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 22:23:31 +0000
   From: Taylor R Campbell <riastradh%NetBSD.org@localhost>

   In your patch, you try to do a radix tree lookup in a pserialize read
   section.  It would be nice if that worked -- but I am pretty sure that
   our radix tree code is not going to be pserialize-safe, because it
   won't do membar_producer/membar_datadep_consumer.

   However, since we can drop packets here, we can use a somewhat
   heavy-handed alternative: simply drop all packets while anyone is
   updating the radix tree.  Something like this:

Heh.  I thought I had already sketched something like that, but I
couldn't find it, so I did it again.  But then I found my previous
sketch:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2016/01/22/msg020065.html

That was from before I considered that ep->func might sleep...