Re: Synchronizing if_xennet_xenbus detach with event-handling

That's what I expected to be the synchronization technique at first but I don't see the lock being taken anywhere on the watch thread's call stack (xenwatch_thread, otherend_changed, config_detach, xennet_xenbus_detach).

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 06, 2016 at 10:04:47PM -0800, Rohan Desai wrote:
> I'll give it a shot. Is this sufficient for SMP systems? I thought spl*
> funcitons only raised the ipl for the local cpu. Isn't it possible for
> detach and event handling to be executed by different cpus?

the kernel_lock should prevent it