Re: dbcool, envsys, powerd shutting down my machine

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:

> Wouldn't the correct solution then be to kill the process-intensive jobs,
> instead of shutting down the whole system?

That doesn't really make too much sense.

In theory, if the CPU has a low power mode and the machine detects
thermal issues, you could lower the temperature by periodically switching
into the low power mode.  Some CPUs operate this way.

However, at the moment there's no way that a low power mode will generate
less heat than a no power mode.

Eduardo