Re: I can't generate a kernel crash core.

bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost (Manuel Bouyer) writes:

>It's not only the dump device you need to reattach but all the
>device chain up to mainbus (the detach code may have shut down a PCI
>bridge for example). It doesn't look so easy.
>If the dump device is open would this prevent it from being detached ?
>If so maybe we could open it before detaching all devices ?

When a device doesn't detach then it is an active child of another
device. It is also unlinked which makes device_lookup fail.

Looks like with the current code you can only skip the detach to
allow a dump.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost