Re: vnd.c 1.254

    Date:        Sun, 17 Jan 2016 19:06:18 +0100
    From:        Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>

  | I totally dissagree that the code in head is a "rational way".

What is on head now is as close as is reasonably possible to the
way it has been since vnd's appeared in NetBSD - other than the
NetBSD 7 mistake.

"vnconfig -l" lists all of the in-kernel vnds that exist.   That's
what it always did, and that is what it does now.   The only difference
is that previously, the vnds that exist was determined at kernel
config time, and now it is determined dynamically at run time.

  | I didn't notice that it would remove free devices from vnconfig -l
  | output at this time, or I would have complained.

It doesn't.   I believe it should, but the code changes to do that
don't exist (they would be trivial if there were agreement to make
that change).

kre