Re: Patch: CPU RNG framework with stub x86 implementation

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 07:58:09PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> On 10 January 2016 at 21:08, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:
> > As requested - here's just "cpu_rng" itself for review.  I believe this
> > version addresses all comments received so far except that I _like_ the
> > construct "size_t cnt = <constant>; type_t foo[x]" so I've retained
> > that.
>
> According to that ever reliable wikipedia :-)
>
> + size_t cnt = 2 * RND_ENTROPY_THRESHOLD / sizeof(cpu_rng_t);
> + cpu_rng_t buf[cnt];
>
> variable-length arrays were added in C99, but subsequently, in C11,
> were relegated to a conditional feature which implementations are not
> required to support.

That's not a variable-length array.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls%panix.com@localhost

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart