Re: How to identify specific wait-state for a "DE" process?

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 08:10:36AM +0800, Paul Goyette wrote:

> Does anyone have any good suggestions for how to arrange for another
> thread/lwp to run so it can remove the extra reference to the logging
> descriptor?

You can probably use workqueues for this.  Looking at the manual page
again for the first time in years, I think it's a little misleading --
what I believe is meant by "A work must not be enqueued again until the
callback is called..." is really "a work item must not be re-enqueued
before it has been processed by the *func callback", not the alternate,
crazy reading that would imply workqueues can only have one enqueued
item at a time.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls%panix.com@localhost

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart