Re: uvm vm_physseg trimming

cherry@ wrote:

> Please find below a patch to remove .avail_(start|end) from
> struct vm_physseg

What's advantage of these changes?

Changing MD APIs could often cause botches on poor tierII ports..

> I couldn't find a reason for them to be used redundantly, but I may be
> wrong. Are there port specific uses for these ?

It looks:
- start and end are intended to represent "existing" memory regions
- avail_start and avail_end represent free memory regions (to be used by vm)
but most MD code didn't pass the former ones.

---
Izumi Tsutsui