Re: tmpfs race conditions

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 09:40:09PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> I have a build machine building pkgsrc where I see some very strange
> issues. The individual chroots share a read-only null-mounted base
> directory with a number of tmpfs instances on top for most of the
> writeable parts. Symptoms of the some data corruption or race
> conditions:

I've seen one more strange situation. While trying to interactively
debug a problem in an otherwise idle chroot, I've hit issues that look
like the current directory disappeared under the process. At least some
of the problems are visible on the releng build cluster as well, e.g.
files missing during the check-flist stage that clearly have been
installed before, impossible race conditions etc.

Joerg