Re: In-kernel units for block numbers, etc ...

gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost (Greg Troxel) writes:

>1) What do FreeBSD, Linux, and Illumos do?  OpenBSD/Dragonfly/others?

If I'm not mistaken, this looks like:

FreeBSD - native disk blocks
Linux - native disk blocks
Illumos - DEV_BSIZE
OpenBSD - DEV_BSIZE
NetBSD - DEV_BSIZE
DragonFly - native disk blocks
AmigaOS - byte offsets

>2) How would either strategy interact with ZFS?   Long term, NetBSD
>needs to get 1st-class ZFS support, and what ZFS needs/wants is an
>interesting issue for that goal, and a clue to others' experiences
>regardless.

When ZFS is an issue we have to port NetBSD to ZFS anyway.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost